Fluoride is pretty common in America. It is in our drinking water and in our toothpaste but did you know that America is one of only eight developed countries in the entire world that even puts fluoride in over 50% of its water supply? It has been officially classified as a neurotoxin and yet our government chooses to continue to put it into our drinking water.
Information about fluoride Via Mercola.com:
- Most developed countries DO NOT fluoridate their water supply.
- Fluoridated countries do not have less tooth decay than non-fluoridated countries.
- Fluoride affects many tissues in your body besides your teeth.
- Fluoridation is not a “natural” process.
- 40% of American teenagers show signs of fluoride overexposure.
- For infants, fluoridated water provides no benefits, only risks. Stop buying baby water WITH added fluoride!
- Fluoride supplements have never been approved by the FDA.
- Fluoride is the only medicine added to public water.
- Swallowing fluoride provides little benefit to teeth-only risks to your body.
- Disadvantaged communities are the most disadvantaged by fluoride.
- There has never been a single randomized controlled trial to demonstrate fluoridation’s effectiveness or safety.
Information about the risks of ingesting fluoride via fluoridealert.org:
- Fluoride accumulates in the body. Specifically, in the pineal gland and bones.
- Children are overexposed to fluoride, which can lead to dental fluorosis.
- The highest doses of fluoride is given to bottle-fed babies. This is a problem because their kidneys cannot process the fluoride as well as adults can and 80% of the fluoride just ends up being absorbed into their bones.
- Dental fluorosis may be an indicator of wider systemic damage. For example, in areas with high levels of fluoridation, the older population has a higher incidence of skeletal fluorosis.
- Fluoride is a neurotoxin, which damages and disrupts the functioning of the brain. It has been linked to ADHD, dyslexia, and other cognitive impairments.
- Fluoride has been proven to lower IQ.
- Fluoride has been associated with non-IQ neurotoxic effects such as; impaired visual-spacial organization and fetal brain damage.
- Fluoride affects thyroid function.
- Fluoride causes arthritic symptoms.
- People with impaired kidney function are especially vulnerable to bone damage from fluoride because their kidneys cannot effectively excrete the fluoride.
- Fluoride may cause bone cancer (osteosarcoma).
- Fluoride may cause reproductive issues.
Every one of these points are backed up with scientific evidence if you follow the fluoridealert link above.