With cold and flu season upon us it is important to stay one step ahead and have what is needed on hand. For one, make sure you are loading yourself up with vitamin D, because it can cut your risk of getting the flu by up to 50%, especially in schoolchildren. Second, jot down this recipe and make your own organic cough/cold syrup!
- 1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder or grated fresh, organic ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Place all of these ingredients in a jar, put the lid on, and shake the ingredients vigorously until the honey has completely dissolved. The mixture will remain on the watery side. Make sure you shake the jar before each use as the powders have a tendency to settle at the bottom.
- For Adults: 1 tablespoon up to 3 times per day
- For Children: 1 teaspoon up to 2 times per day
The importance of the ingredients:
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar- it creates an acidic environment that most germs can’t survive in.
- Raw Organic Honey- is loaded with minerals, enzymes, antioxidants, phytonutrients, and other great healthy components.
- Cayenne Pepper- helps remove toxins from your blood.
- Organic Ginger- is packed full of nutrients and bioactive compounds that are insanely beneficial to your body.
- Cinnamon- helps the body to fight infections